Re: Exporting from a "standby" database

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:03:44 +1000

An Oracle version would help!

If you are using 8.1.5, and your database is genuinely open in read only mode (as opposed to being a standby database in special recovery mount mode), then if your temporary tablespaces are created using locally managed tablespacem and with the 'tempfile' keyword, instead of the 'old' datafile keyword, then sorts can indeed take place (ie, writes to temporary tablespace) despite the database being read only.

I don't know for sure that this will let Export do its stuff, but since the error message suggests that writes to TEMP are the issue, you can only give it a go and keep your fingers crossed.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000