Re: "Writeable" Snapshots ??

From: Dominic Delmolino <ddelmoli_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 16:14:44 GMT

The concept was never well documented, but all you needed to do (at least in v7) was to create a snapshot and add the "for update" clause at the end of the create command. I checked a v8.1 manual and the "for update" clause is still valid. In v7 the trigger to send stuff back up to the master was only created if the snapshot was registered with the replication catalog and someone generated replication support for it. If you didn't do that, you ended up with a "writeable" snapshot. I'm guessing it works the same way in v8.1