Oracle Installer does not run right / unable to install orcle 8i on W2k

From: eric <eric_at_codewizarts.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:18:37 +0200

Hi, I have this problem. For somewhat reason, the Oracle Universal installer does not run right. It starts up but whenever I click on next or the Installed Product Button, it exists without any error. I have cleared the classpath but this does not help.
The second thing is, that I cannot delete the full Oracle Tree in the registery, there are still two Registery entries which cannot be deleted : Oracle_Homes the ID0 and ID1 they are marked as registery backup. Does anybody know how to delete them ?

Where else does Oracle store the Oracle Homes ? I could not find any other entries than the ones in the registery under software/oracle. But the old installer still remembers old Oracle homes.

Any hints ?
eric Received on Sat Sep 16 2000 - 16:18:37 CDT