Re: insert / updating on mandatory 1:1 relationship

From: Bruce Van Horn <bvh2_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:05:51 GMT

If it were up to me, the table wouldn't contain such constraints but triggers instead that would be more flexible with what I want to accomplish.

However, I didn't create the table, and I can't readily modify it since applications from other departments already run against it. The functionality used to access the database is compiled within a Java class so that's no help. I could decompile if I knew which one contained the functionality I need, but there are hundreds of classes within the jars that make up the apps.

I am writing a different app that will access the tables. I was hoping for a peice of SQL I had not considered.