Re: how to exp big table with 2GB file size limitation?

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 07:19:05 -0500

mknod -p compress_pipe (lookup syntax in man pages to be sure on this)

Have the export write to compress_pipe and then do this: (again review syntax in man pages for correctness)

compress < compress_pipe > expfile.exp.Z

This will compress the export file on the fly. Most export files will compres way down. We routinely take a 24 gig database and compressed it is a 1.6 gb file.

Alternately you can replace compress_pipe with split_pipe and have the file split at the 2g mark into another file. I couldn't help you with the syntax for this one without seeing the script I have that does it. Do a man on mknod and that should help.

--
Dave A