Oracle 8i client installation on Windows 2000

From: Sudip Chakraborty <sudip_at_inductis.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:23:05 -0400

Hi,

I have a problem with installing Oracle 8i client on my Windows 2000 Professional workstation. I have both a local account and a domain account. When I login to my domain account and install Oracle 8i client everything works fine and I am able to create a local naming method and connect to a remote Oracle 8i database server. When I login to my LOCAL account and install Oracle 8i client, the installation seems to go fine but when I try to create a local naming method and test the connection it says "Credential retrieval failed".

Has anyone run into this problem and if so have you found a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Sudip Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 13:23:05 CDT