Re: PL/SQL Error PLEASE HELP

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:36:35 +0100

In article <8pt1p2$fkl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, Chris Taylor <ctaylor_at_asapsc.com> writes
>Ok I have an odd situation.
>
>We have 2 databases (one development and one test).
>They both have a link to a respective development and test database:
>
>TEST1 -> LINK -> TEST2
>DEV1 -> LINK -> DEV2
>

>SELECT * FROM EMPL_RECORD_VW_at_ABCLNK where rownum < 50;
>
>ERROR: ORA-00942 Table/view does not exist ORA-02063 preceding line
>from ABCLNK.
>
>To get this select to work I have to specify the owner:
>
>SELECT * FROM OWNER.EMPL_RECORD_VW_at_ABCLNK where rownum < 50 and it runs
>successfully.

It sounds like the link on your TEST1 database is not set up correctly. Try dropping it and recreating. Or you don't have the synonyms correctly set-up. You need to compare your two set-ups.

There's not much point in speculating why bits of it work under certain conditions!

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849