Why query v$latch is unusual slow?

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:00:43 +1000

Dear all,

   Does anyone happen to know the following "problem"?

On our production, everything as I know is running ok. But when I used "utlbstat/utlestat", the query "select count(*) from v$latch or select * from v$latch" is unusual slow. V$latch only has 80 rows. This only happen to v$latch. It's out of my knowledge about Oracle.

Could anyone tell me how to figure out this problem?

Many thanks,

Chuan Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 02:00:43 CDT