Re: ER Studio vs. Erwin vs. Oracle designer.

From: <gmei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:28:49 GMT

I have worked with both ER Studio and Oracle designer.

ER Studio is easier to use, but lacks some features, such as You can not create any PK name you want
You have to type in storage clause info for each table, etc.

Designer is more robust, but more complex to set up and use. Itself is a oracle instance.

Depending on how big the project is, if it is small, then pickup ER/Studio. If it is a complex one, then choose Designer.

Hope this helps.

Guang

In article <8popad$idg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   vdolt_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am trying to buy data modeling and database design tool.
> Has anyone has any suggestions to what is better tool from these 3 to
> use? I've got a quote from Embarcadero - 3 grand for Oracle suite (DB
> Artisan, Rapid SQL and ER studio) I don't really neeed all of them but
> they won't sell it separately. How is Oracle designer? Is there a way
> to reverse engineer existing models?
>
> P.S. We have only Oracle databases, so cross-platform capabilities are
> really irrelevant.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 14:28:49 CDT