Solaris OEM two processes

From: Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:32:25 -0500

I am running Solaris 2.8 with Oracle 8.1.6. I start the oem server thru oemctrl start oms& in my system startup scripts. When the system is booted, there are two jre processes listed. I can connect with the OEM client on the Sun box. However, I can not connect successfully thru OEM 2.1 on Windows 2000. If I shutdown the manager server, and restart, then immediately try and connect with OEM on NT, it says the server is still starting. Once it's done, I get the following:

VTK-1000 : unable to connect to management server bla.bla.com. Please verify that you have entered the correct name and status of the Oracle Manage ment Server.

Since I am able to connect internally, and the message that it's still starting shows up on the NT system, that to me would show that I'm at least connecting to the system. One thing to note, when I add a management server to OEM on the Win2k client, I enter the Database's IP address and it converts it to it's fully qualified name automatically. Not sure if that has any effect on things.

I can connect successfully from the Win2k client to the Sun box with Toad, the Embarcadero tools, sql*plus, net8, ColdFusion Server.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Newsgroup replies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru email. Received on Thu Sep 14 2000 - 17:32:25 CDT