Oracle 8i object type problem

From: <jeeju_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 05:38:49 GMT

I have a problem in my 8i (8.1.5) database on nt4 service pack 5. Its basically regarding object type.
When I create an object type and use it for a table it works. But if I describe the table that type comes as UNDEFINED. I am able to insert into the table. But not able to desc or select. When I select I get the following error.

ORA-01024
invalid datatype in OCI call

=> Cause: An OCI program call specified an invalid datatype.
In OCI calls, Oracle datatypes are specified as numbers between 1 and 7.

=> Action: Check the datatype description and enter the
correct number for the datatype.

Could any one help me out.
Thanx.
Jeeju

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 14 2000 - 00:38:49 CDT