Re: How reliable is v$datafile.last_change table information? (working with R/O tablespaces)

From: Lehmann <Spaceboy_NOoneSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:18:12 +0200

"bonminh lam" <mailbox_at_online.de> wrote in message news:<39BEB320.A2687E7B_at_online.de>...
> I agree with Sybrand, except one minor thing: I would back up the data
 files of
> tablespace right after it is put in READONLY, not before!

I was aware of this and had already implemented that.

> And for the paranoid, it may be an idea to compare the modificiation time
 of the
> data files against the backup copies?

Don't wanna go there, oh-no.... ;-) I'll stick to my solution which is a table containing the datafile information from the files backed up. So far all my tests on reliablity of validity has proven my solution so far (hope murphy doesn't read this ;-)

Thanks for your input, all of you!

Btw. Rman - Who need another mission critical database and all that hazzle.....

Regards

Lehmann Received on Thu Sep 14 2000 - 03:18:12 CDT