Re: oracle basics

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:53:35 GMT

In article <8pppko$5fs$14$1_at_news.t-online.com>,   "Tom" <miskiewicz2_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> hello!
>
> I´m new to oracle. Where do I find Oracle basics i.e. how do I make a
> greater tablespace?
> how to configur listener? how do I find out the SID and so on.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Read/skim the Oracle Concepts Manual; it covers all the database basics. And the installation manual covers basics for creating a default database and setting up the listener. If you need more information on the listener the Net8 Administrators Manual has one fairly short chapter on basic configuration, and another chapter walking through a demo setup using the Net8 Assistant.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.