Re: Oracle 8i client Dr Watson

From: Christopher <blueberryjam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2000 22:59:55 GMT

Sounds like a memory problem. A DESCRIBE has to access the DATA DICTIONARY. The DATA DICTIONARY is contained in memory or SGA. A wild quess would be that you are running out of memory when you do a DESCRIBE as it pulls the information that you need out of the DATA DICTIONARY.

Also, try checking http://technet.oracle.com It is free to anyone who wants to join.

Christopher