backup questions

From: sp <sdpant_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:18:01 GMT

I've Oracle 8.1.5 db and I have a couple of questions: 1. Is there a way to schedule online db backup? 2. Also I've a recovery catalog created. Since ours is a small db I want to use control file instead of a new db for rman. What is the procedure to run rman after this?
3. What is the best way to backup in archive log mode.

TIA
SP Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:18:01 CDT