Problem with DBlinks

From: H. Clare <hclare_at_pharma.fraser-williams.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:33:19 +0100

Hi,

we've got a problem with inserting over a database link, The two databases are both 8.1.5, the insert is a single line insert (although it is part of a much larger process).

The whole process seems to stop when it gets to an insert over the database link, only recoverable by shutting down the database with abort.

Any suggestions as to why this might be? I've checked all of the v$ views for locks (the ones I know of anyway) and there doesn't seem to be a problem in that area.

Cheers... Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 09:33:19 CDT