OPS, Failsafe, Standby...

From: Samuel Gay <gaysm_at_eps.e-i.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2000 15:52:08 GMT

Hi,

We will begin a new project, we need an application wich run 24 hours/24, and 7 days/7. Then we need 2 servers, with separates disks, to avoid hardware failure, ... If the first server (or database on it) crash, we need to have on the second serveur data from the first (or at least data exepct last 10 seconds). The delay to activate the second server have to be short (1-2 minutes maxi).

We will use Linux server, it's more reliable then NT, and have a moderate cost.

If somebody use already a solution to solve a similar problem, I like to have informations.

Thanks in advance.

Samuel GAY.

User of http://www.foorum.com/. The best tools for usenet searching. Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 10:52:08 CDT