Re: Oracle DBA role question

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 04:25:30 GMT

Thank you everyone for the thoughtful responses. As mentioned, playing the role of DBA just fell into my lap, but I have enjoyed the challenge as well as the learning process. This is definitely something that I am seriously considering pursuing for a career, albeit I have a long way to go. Now at least I have a clearer idea of how far I need to expand my knowledgebase, beyond just the database to hardware, storage and networking...

Aware that knowledge and skills will come with experience, time and perhaps formal training, my best short term-solution is to bring in a consultant to assist me with these decisions.

Can anyone make any recommendations regarding an oracle consultant or consulting firm that I may want to contact? Perhaps one that you may have worked with before who you were very pleased with?

We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Figuring that this might be a solicitation of advertising which might go against the spirit of these newsgroups. I would appreciate it if any responses or inquiries could be emailed to me at gdas_at_biz360.com

Thanks very much.
Gavin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 23:25:30 CDT