Re: transactions per time period

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_stell.cns.vt.edu>
Date: 12 Sep 2000 19:35:54 GMT

I hope to get to 8i this year, but currently at 7.3.4. I found this at metalink which may be correct:

 select (a.value+b.value) "Num of Transaction" from v$sysstat a, v$sysstat b   where a.statistic# = 4 and b.statistic#=5 ;

these guys seem to be reasonable, but it isn't clear to me that user commits+rollbacks are all transactions...

NAME                                           VALUE      STATISTIC#
---------------------------------------------- ---------- ----------
user commits                                    15883825          4
user rollbacks                                     23968          5

oratune_at_aol.com wrote:
: In article <8pls4q$cng$1_at_solaris.cc.vt.edu>,
: stellr_at_stell.cns.vt.edu (Ray Stell) wrote:
: > Is there a view/table that will give the number of transactions
: > per period of time?
: >

: Presuming that you are currently running 8i (8.1.5, 8.1.6) there is a
: view named V$TRANSACTION where this information would be available:

: select count(*)
: from v$transaction
: where start_time between '...' and '...';

: Check your installation for the data format of the START_TIME column;
: it is declared as a VARCHAR2(16).

: --
: David Fitzjarrell
: Oracle Certified DBA