Re: oracle error 1658

From: yup <yup_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:33:25 -0700

Another possibility might be that the extent size is larger than what the datafiles are that were created.
For example, if the initial extent size -- even if compressed -- is, say 5 GB, and your datafiles for the tablespace are set up as 2GB (however many), you won't be able to import w/o creating a larger datafile for the initial extent, or creating the table first and importing with ignore=Y. Extents can't span datafiles.

hth