Re: Where can I find the description of an ORA Error number !!

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 05:04:25 GMT

hello kevin,

oracle online help, that ships with your oracle software -- in html format, has full section dedicated for description of *all* the oracle messages. please look for the 'oracle8 error messages' section in the online manual.

and by the way the error you've reffered to tell you that the tablespace 'system' has grown full. you either have to extend the underlying datafiles or perhaps have to add newe datafile(s) for the tablespace.

and again, well i was just wondering, if KLEE is a user object then this object and its associated indexes *should* have gone to some user tablespace, not to the system tablespace. just an idea, you see;)

regards,

ATTA In article <39BD83CE.2DC572D1_at_esec.com.au>,   Kevin LEE <klee_at_esec.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have the following error mesg from the oracle database:
>
> ORA-01654: unable to extend index KLEE.SYS_C001410 by 315 in
 tablespace
> SYSTEM
>
> I suspect the above erreor is due to my table is reached to it
 full
> size and cannot accept any new data.
>
> I want to known where can I find the exact description of ORA-01654:
 on

--

-- getting the meanin' of data... Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.