Re: Oracle with multiple CPUs

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:59:39 GMT

Thanks everyone for your responses and educating me on parallel query...I had only read about the parallel clause of the create table statement in the manuals. Alas, however, we do not have the parallel query option installed...so I guess there isn't much I can hope for other than some performance gains at the Operating System level, which I hope will be at least noticeable.

Thanks again and best regards,
Gavin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 01:59:39 CDT