Cache buffer chain problem

From: <robertchung0909_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:41:44 GMT

We have a server that is suddenly causing some problem. A job that used to finish in about 3-4 seconds sometimes takes 5 minutes to complete. This problem appears and disappears randomly. We found when the job is taking long, it mostly sits idle waiting on "Cache Buffer Chain". Has anyone seen this behavior? What should we do to alleviate this problem? We are using Oracle 7.3.4 on RS/6000. Thank you in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 16:41:44 CDT