Re: How reliable is v$datafile.last_change table information? (working with R/O tablespaces)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:34:47 +0200

Which version are you using?
In version 8 and upwards RMAN has been provided to take care of that. Also *readonly* tablespaces are exactly what they are: readonly; they are simply not written to.
You should make a backup of that tablespace just before you set it to readonly, and put it in a safe vault.
There is no need at all to include it in a hot backup.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA