Re: Web developer seeks work . Web-design/Database.

From: Larry Linson <larry.linson_at_ntpcug.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 01:03:16 GMT

  Sergey <xxx_at_yyy.com> wrote:
> Web developer is looking for projects to work on.( low paid) Need
> to create a portfolio. Offer custom web design. DB development with
> appreciation of business & market strategy. We'll create your web
> site according to your specific needs and requirements. email:

Advertisements, employment solicitations (and responses thereto) are off-topic and unwelcome in technical discussion newsgroups and particularly so in comp.databases.ms-access. Since most of the experienced regular participants view these posts as unwelcome and will not respond, it is also not a particularly fertile field for finding qualified candidates. This is clearly stated in the daily FAQ post, whose subject line starts with "!!New Users Look Here...", and further discussed in the newsgroup's FAQ site,
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm.

In fact, most ISPs (that's your Internet Service Provider) post information on Newsgroup Netiquette and explain that advertisements and employment solicitations are prohibited in all newsgroups EXCEPT those whose charter specifically allows them. Ours does not allow either, and in fact, repeats the prohibition specifically for this newsgroup.

By the way, there are quite a number of jobs newsgroups and job sites which are likely to be more productive than this newsgroup. A search with "computer" and "jobs" or "database" will get you a long list of sites with any of the major search engines. The jobs newsgroups all have "jobs" in their title, and often list a locale, too (an international newsgroup isn't an appropriate place to advertise for a local job unless you are willing to pay relocation and sponsor visas). One site, created as a labor of love by one of the regular participants here just to be helpful is free to both people with work to be done and people looking for work... www.developerscoop.com.

Please understand that we assume people just don't know the rules; we are not "offended" as some assume; and no reply is required. I wish you much good luck in finding qualified candidates; I _hope_ that you will pursue that elsewhere. Thanks for your future consideration.

--
 L. M. (Larry) Linson
  http://www.ntpcug.org - North Texas PC User Group - Visit and Join

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/