Re: Snapshot using rowid vs Primary Key

From: <maaher_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:46:41 GMT

In article <x2Yu5.57407$e11.440779_at_news1.rdc1.nj.home.com>,   "SANDEEP JAIN" <sandeepti_at_home.com> wrote:
> What is the difference between
> create snapshot <> refresh fast with ROWID ..
> vs
> create snapshot <> refresh fast with Primary Key ..
>
> I am able to understand Primary Key being used to compare rows but
 how is
> the rowid used ?

It is a special datatype that contains the physical address of the rows of a table. As such it is the fastest way to access a certain row.

But I'm not an expert at this topic. Perhaps you can find more info at Oracle Technology Network:

Here's a direct link to 1 of the many documents on topic: http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a67781/c10datyp.htm

HTH,
Maarten

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 04:46:41 CDT