Re: must i install oracle client?

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:06:24 GMT

In article <8phiee$1qd1$1_at_news.cz.js.cn>,   "mike" <skyxx_at_263.net> wrote:
> hi all:
> i use vb to develop a database application,the database is oracle
> 8.0.5,now must i install oracle client for application user to use the
 odbc
> for oracle or oledb for oracle? BTW what should do to connect a oracle
> database use microsoft oledb for oracle in a workstation which have
 not
> install any oracle products?

If you want to use the Oracle ODBC driver, you'll have to install the Oracle client software. Same goes for the Oracle OLEDB driver.

It may be possible to use the Microsoft OLEDB for Oracle driver with the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver without installing the Oracle client, but I'm not sure on that.

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 17:06:24 CDT