Re: Oracle & CPU time

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:08:05 +1000

Never tried this myself (and with good reason), but you could see what calling up Task Manager does (ctrl+alt+delete), and switching to the Processes tab.

In Windows 2000 you can then right-click any given process and alter its priority. I know you could do this in NT 4 as well, and I seem to recall that the right-click worked there too, but my memory may be playing tricks. If it's not a right-click, hunt around in Help for details on how to set process priority.

Try lowering the priority of the Oracle processes and seeing what that does for you.

Personally, I suspect that at best you will have a sluggish Oracle database, but who knows. Fiddle around enough, and something might come good.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000