Re: TNS failure - NT

From: <mconlin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:35:37 GMT

Nope not multiplexing, I just want a db up that I can get to using TNS. I have the db running and the listener running.

TNS ping results in

TSN: packet writer failure.

And listener test <db>

results in

TNS:listener was not given SID in CONNECT_DATA

So what am I missing from my config file !!

> Are you multiplexing? If so, you must have defined how many
> dispatchers are utilized while listening on the host. Try to ping
 your
> fully qualified node name address (not the IP address) and see if you
> get a response. If not, then your oradev init file mts_dispatchers
> parameter is probably setup like the following which does not define
 an
> address to which the client should connect => mts_dispatchers
> = "(protocol=TCP)(disp=5)". Edit the mts_dispatchers parameter to
 read
> something like this => mts_dispatchers = "(address=(host=<ip address>)
> (protocol=TCP))(disp=5)".
> This will supply the client machine an ip address to which it can
> successfully connect (you can also supply the node name of the host in
> the event you don't want to use the ip address). Remember to bounce
> the database to pick up the new init values.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 13:35:37 CDT