Re: How to update through a joined view in 8i?

From: CA <progplus_at_gte.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:12:43 GMT

Chad,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond, but this misses the point of my original question. The pre-insert triggers were availiable before Oracle 8i. Starting in 8i, Oracle has claimed that you can insert, update, and delete records directly through a JOINED view - without using triggers - under certain conditions. The example they give for it, though, doesn't work. If you've seen anyone use this ability, I'd appreciate hearing how they did it.