Controlling the CPU time

From: <kkannan9451_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:58:45 GMT

Hi,

I have installed oracle database server on a NT server. I am using the same server for other activities as well. But when processing takes place, oracle eats up most of resources making the other processes starve for CPU time... This gets pretty annoying when oracle processes some complex enuff. Is there any way I can slow the oracle process down (since it is not time critical) and make it use lesser memory?

Would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks
Karthik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Sep 10 2000 - 17:58:45 CDT