Re: Exporting a Large Table

From: Eric BABOULENE <eric.baboulene_at_free.fr>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 10:57:13 GMT

Hi,

If you are on a UNIX system an get enough space for a compressed export file,
try this :

  1. EXPORT nod my_pipe p compress < my_pipe > export_file.Z & exp userid/passwd file=my_pipe ...........
  2. IMPORT mknod my_pipe p uncompress < export_file.Z > my_pipe & imp userid/passwd file=my_pipe ...........

HTH
Eric