Are binary columns difficult to replicate?

From: CA <progplus_at_gte.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 22:24:09 GMT

Here's a question from a data modeling perspective: I've been designing an 8i database to store articles which can be up to 10K in length. Since the varchar2() datatype maxes out at 4K, I used a CLOB column to store the article. My lead DBA is complaining about the binary column, saying he can't replicate it to other instances (e.g., from DEV to PROD).

Is it really a problem to replicate binary columns? Seems odd Oracle would add the datatype but not allow it to be replicated.

Thanks for your time. Received on Sat Sep 09 2000 - 17:24:09 CDT