ORACLE not available

From: <softdesigner_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:36:15 GMT

I am new to Oracle. I just installed Oracle 8i on a Solaris 2.6 machine as user oracle. The database is up and running. If I login in as oracle, I can run "sqlplus system/manager". However, running the same command as different user I get the ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available message, even though the database is running at that moment (tnsping returns Ok). I can run a simple java program connecting to the database via jdbc thin driver successfully. It seems to be a permission problem when it comes to using sqlplus. Because of this issue the initiation of WebLogic EJB server fails. Any suggestion on how to tackle this problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 13:36:15 CDT