How to trace sql coming through JDBC

From: <gzwzhang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:36:53 GMT

It's easy to trace the SQl statement coming through Perl-DBI, DBD, however I found that my old method (using v$sqlarea, v$sqltext) can't grab the SQl statement coming from Java--Jdbc. I guess JDBC did something to the original SQL statement written by Java/SQl programmer. I know that I can turn on the sql_trace, but that will cause some extra overhead. I don't want to trace any sql at any time. ONly when something happened and the Oracle seems abnormal will I have a look at what's current running.
Any idea will be highly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 17:36:53 CDT