TNS Error 8.1.6

From: Jason Rigsbee <jrigsbee_at_rigsbee.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:52:01 -0400

I have posted this message before but have received no definite help:

When I try to run svrmgrl from a command prompt I receive the following error:

ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol Adapter Error

Any ideas/remedies on fixing this problem would be appreciated. Because of this error I am unable to even create a database using Enterprise Tools Config. Assistant.

Installation Info:
Oracle 8.1.6 running on Win2000

Thank you.

jlr Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 21:52:01 CDT