Hot Backups - 64bit Oracle 8.0.6 on SGI IRIX?

From: J Hill <joseNOSPAMMERShill_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:38:26 GMT

The platform:
- terabyte-sized 64bit Oracle 8.0.6 Enterprise Edition database residing on
SGI Origin 2000 (Irix 6.5.8)

The goal:
- on-line "hot" database backups to a DLT jukebox

The problem:
- How to do it! I used to use the Legato Networker (both SGI OEM and more
recently the full Legato version) to perform hot backups, but Legato only supports the _32bit_ version of Oracle on SGI. Unfortunately, I heard from Legato today that they have no current plans to support 64bit Oracle on SGI.

I know there are some large 64bit Oracle databases out there running on IRIX -- what are people using for hot backups to jukeboxes? Any recommendations? (besides moving the db to another platform...)

Thanks in advance,
J Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 22:38:26 CDT