Re: Rollback Segment

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:25:27 -0500

There's no way to disable rollback in Oracle. To disable generating redo (in fact, usually not completely disable), you can use direct load insert with nologging on the table to be inserted into.

You need to consider putting your insert in a loop in a PL/SQL block and count for, say, 100 inserts, do a commit.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com