Re: Security

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:42:11 -0500

You can grant update, delete, insert (somecolumn) on sometable to someuser. But remember you can't revoke these object privileges on individual columns; revoke works on the whole table.

You can't restrict query on certain columns except by using a view. You create a view containing only those columns you wish to expose, and revoke select on that base table from general users.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com