Re: Installation is on NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:13:39 +0200

This is usually addressed in the documentation. As 8.1.6 is not a major release, there won't be any changes to the database format. There could be changes to the dictionary, that will be taken care of during the upgrade ( a downgrade script is usually included too) If you are on the cautious side and have sufficient diskspace you could install the upgrade in a separate oracle home. Of course you will need to reconfigure sqlnet in that case.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA