Can't Access Enterprise Manager

From: Gary J. Groomer <gary_at_designfirst.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 16:15:18 GMT

I just installed Oracle 8.1.6 and I trying to run the Enterprise Manager Console. It asks me for the login, password, and host name of the oracle server. When I enter all of the info, and submit - an error message pops-up: "VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the management server some_server." I assume that it has to do with the fact that the Management Server is not running. When I try to manually start the Management Server Services, I get the message that the service could not be started on the local computer. "Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation in progress. Does anyone have any ideas?

Gary Groomer Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 11:15:18 CDT