From: Fabrice Bocquillon <Fabrice_Bocquillon_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:37:51 +0200

Hi and thank's a lot for your answers,
I'm trying to load data in an empty table where the last column has to containt char type data up to 13000 characters. As I didn't manage to load my datas on the regular way I tryed some other options : 1. I cut the .csv in 4 parts, load them in a temporary table, and then tryed to concat then in a long column (with ||) : it didn't work giving a "too long char" error type (didn't go more than 4000 bytes it seems). 2. try to load in direct mode with too different solutions : readbuffer (didn't manage to make it work) and the other (sorry i forgot it's name and i'm not at work anymore). It gave me the same kind of error. 3. I thougth it was a king of buffer error (I keep thinking it is !) so I tryed to increase the readside value (also the bandside) .... nothing ! So I need some help, and the true question is "how to load LONG type datas ?"

Thank's again for your answers.

P.S. : I'm working under oracle 8.x version. Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 16:37:51 CDT