Re: Perfomning Finetuning

From: Lukasz Feldman <lukasz_at_atm.com.pl>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:47:49 +0200

U¿ytkownik Johnson <syner_at_pd.jaring.my> w wiadomo¶ci do grup dyskusyjnych napisa³:8p4opc$dgh$1_at_news6.jaring.my...
> Hello DBA,
>
> In Oracle 8i, I would like to add the new datafile to my Data Tablespace,
 do
> I need to shutdown the database. or I can add datafile and modified the
> tablespace while the system is still up and running (user are using the
> database).

Of course you shoud shutdown your database but for backup purposes. I mean you should backup offline your database than you can bring it back startup open. Than you should add file using ALTER TABLESPACE xxx ADD DATAFILE 'blabla.dbf';.

> What are the procedure , if I would like to performing the Oracle
> finetuning, such as tuning SGA, Modified extent and so fore. Do I need to
> perform this only when no user are accessing the database?? After each
> change, do I need to restart the database??

There is a document. I dont't remmeber http address. But I have it localy on my disk. If you send me your email I can sent it to you.

> Generally what are the area I should look into , if the performance is
 drop
> in NT platform. anything in particular ?

1.memory allocation for SGA.
2.redologs size and count.

> Regards.

Lukasz Feldman

lukasz_at_atm.com.pl Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 02:47:49 CDT