SUBJECT: Disconnecting users after idle time expires *in WEBDB* ?

From: Istar Usenet <jacquieNOSPAM_at_softtracks.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:44:18 -0700

SUBJECT: Disconnecting users after idle time expires *in WEBDB*

Hello All,

We would like to have users be disconnected from our Oracle database after 1 hour of inactivity, even if they
connect through webdb.

The users are all set up with a profile that has an idle time of 1 hour, and I have also changed the
resource_limit = true in the initxxx.ora file. (And I did bounce the database). This works great if the users connect via SQL Worksheet or some other application. However, if they connect via WebDB (or through webdb via OAS) they can stay connected as long as the browser is open.

Does anybody know of any work-arounds for this problem?

Thanks in advance - Email replies appreciated (just remove the "NOSPAM")

Jacquie Armstrong
Soft Tracks
Vancouver, Canada
jacquieNOSPAM_at_softtracks.com Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 18:44:18 CDT