Multi threading and performance (8.1.6)

From: Tobintosh <tobintosh_at_visto.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 05:45:16 GMT

Hello

I have got a problem with ragard to the multi-threading and performance issue of the Oracle 8i (8.1.6) database.

I found when I use two threads to process data in order to increase the throughput, the result is the opposite. The overall average processing time is increased compared with that in single thread.

Is there anything special I need to set in the oracle side to deal with that or is there any issue I need to consider while using multiple threads to access the database?

Thank you very much!

Cheers
Tobintosh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 05 2000 - 00:45:16 CDT