Database link to a non ORACLE system (SQL SERVER 7)

From: Heinz Willi Wiedow <heinz.wiedow_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 16:23:24 +0200

Hey everybody,
I'm trying to impliment a heterogeneous database service on my maschine. But I'm not able to get it to work.
The SQL Server 7 and the Oracle Server (8.1.1.6) are running on the same maschine (Heinz)

That is what I did:
1. I installed the datadictonary for the heterogeneuos service

 running the skript (caths.sql)

2. I modified the tsnames

SQL7 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Heinz)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = SQL7)

)
3. modified the listener

(SID_DESC =
(PROGRAM = hsodbc)
(SID_NAME = SQL7)
(ORACLE_HOME = p:\Oracle\Ora81)

)

4. I create a initSQL.ora file for the heterogeneuos service

# HS init parameters
#
#FSAS_SQL7 is the name of my SYSTEM DSN
HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = FSAS_SQL7

HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = OFF
HS_FDS_TRACE_FILE_NAME = NONE
#
# Environment variables required for the non-Oracle system
#
#SQL7 is the SID and the SERVICE Name in the tnsnames.ora for the
Heterogenus SERVICE
set SQL = FSAS_SQL7

5. I created the database link

CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK SQL7
    USING 'SQL7'
6. I restarted the complett system

7. I tryed a query against the new service

Select * From dbo.TBL_EINSATZ_at_SQL7

I recived the following errors

(German)

ORA-02068: aufgrund eines schwerwiegenden Fehlers von SQL7 (error from SQL7) ORA-03114: Nicht mit ORACLE verbunden (not connected to oracle)

In the trace folder I found the message

Remote HO Agent received unexpected RPC disconnect status 2: ncrorpi_recv_procid, called from horg.c

has anybody an idea where the mistake is??

I hope somebody can help my!
By the way I read the "Administering Oracle Heterogeneous Services" from the oracle help but I don't know what is wrong.

--
Heinz Willi Wiedow
heinz.wiedow_at_gmx.de