Both computation and I/O intensive operation on Oracle 8.1.6

From: Tobintosh <tobintosh_at_visto.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 04:44:11 GMT

Hello

We are developing a software that need to use intensive computation power and I/O through the database. We found that the throughput is not satisfying.

Will it be a good idea to move the computation to another machine and leave the database server alone? We are using Java JDBC as the database connectivity. Some of the computation is also put on the database side as Java Stored Procedures because retrieve the turples from the database seems to be slow. Iteration through the ResultSet is not that efficient. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Regards
Tobintosh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Sep 02 2000 - 23:44:11 CDT