Re: SQL*Plus / UNIX - so tedious!

From: <gjlinker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:58:25 GMT

Hi,

To not have to use SQL*Plus I wrote an alternative that submits SQL from Excel. As you know Excel is excellent for data analysis. My product is called SQL*XL. Have a look at it at http://www.oraxcel.com

SQL*XL LITE is completely free.

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker

In article <398F03BF.2B4C0AB1_at_ideit.com>,   Roger =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=E4revall?= <roger.bjarevall_at_ideit.com> wrote:

> > Sid> Hello. Maybe I'm making life difficult for myself, but I
> > Sid> find writing out lines of SQL*Plus really annoying. Even
> > Sid> using vi to create the lines and then running the script
> > Sid> seems really archaic. Is there a better way?!
> >

> > You could try: http://www.indus-soft.com/winsql
> > This looked good. Got if off this newsgroup a little while ago.
>
> Take a look at DbVisualizer. It offers most of the things
> you'll need, also it's multi platform, multi database and FREE.
>
> http://www.ideit.com/products/dbvis
>
> Roger
>
> --
> Roger Bjärevall roger.bjarevall_at_ideit.com
> Innovative-IT Development AB Phone: +46 709 242012
> http://www.ideit.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Sep 02 2000 - 16:58:25 CDT