Re: So long insert ...

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 00:17:52 GMT

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 18:01:05 GMT, "Michael J. Moore" <mNiOcShPaAeMl.j.moore_at_wcom.com> wrote:

>I believe that Oracle recommends not to use percent increase of 0 due to
>coalescence which performs poorly with 0%.
>Try 1%. This is probably not related to your problem.
>Mike

Whoah! Nope. pctincrease > 0 turns on the auto coalesce, besides creating all sorts of problems with extents of multiple sizes. Better keep it at 0 and do a manual coalesce if and when needed.

This fella has a bigger problem. It should never take that long for an insert. Something else is very wrong. Probably buffers or something crook hardware end.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Fri Sep 01 2000 - 19:17:52 CDT