Re: So long insert ...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:02:51 +0200

Possible causes:
-space management (this may well be true with your non-default pctused and pctincrease)
- too many indexes.
Apparently the biggest problem here are the library cache misses, in your case about 1 per row inserted and I simply don't know whether that's standard.
The other thing is you seem to be parsing identical statements, but as the statements are garbled I can't see whether they are *really* identical. You could do the following:
probe in v$session_events where it is really waiting for. Right now your shared pool seems to small.
You also should determine your library cache hit ratio. You could also repeat the operation and post a *complete* trace file, so including the recursive sql you now have left out. Space management can be distinguished easily enough.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA